Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prometheus

A quick update about the Grimm Diaries Prequels: Ashes to Ashe and Cinder to Cinder will not be book #2 anymore. What number will it be? I don't know at the moment. Book 2 will be Beauty Never Dies, narrated by Peter Pan.
The idea popped in my head while watching Prometheus. I was blown away. Ridley Scott is one of my all time favorite directors. But i was disappointed by the negative reviews. Having totally loved the film, i had to think how this was even possible, to get such bad reviews. Then it hit me in the face. I read that when Blade Runner ( one the classics of science fiction ) came out, no one liked it. And look at it now. An all time favorite. And that's who Ridley Scott is. He almost see in the future. Take from me. 10 years from now, everyone will gush about how awesome Prometheus is.

So what does this have to do with changing a lot of things in the prequels?

Other than the writing problems ( which is being fixed now ), I got a lot of email from reader who were confused by the prequels. They told me that they would have preferred if the Snow White Blood Red was a stand alone gem since they liked it very much.
To be honest, this is my fault. I tried to make the mistake of Prometheus, which is starting with a grand idea and delving into all possibilities with the readers before they could really get a better hand of the plot. This cause confusion to alot of people, and it actually made some people think that this is a soap opera and not a fun YA series.
So for you who read Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder and like it, my apologies for now since it can't be book number 2.
I made the books much easier to read and follow, so the second Peter Pan diary makes more sense and will reveal things in an easier way.

No comments:

Post a Comment